Credentialed Veterinary Assistant
Our hospital is growing fast, and our veterinarians and RVTs have asked me to find - you - to join our team.
Verzijlenberg Veterinary Hospital has been AAHA accredited since 2012, and we pride ourselves to have an inclusive work environment where we all have each other's back. We require a minimum 1 year certificate program, and both experienced and new grad VTAs are welcome. You would help out with all aspects of veterinary care; however, your main tasks would be assisting the veterinarians and RVTs, and at times assisting at reception.
We offer an employee discount program, two sets of annual team scrubs, and health and dental benefits.
Our website will be able to give you more information than this ad could ever capture, so we'd like to encourage you to browse this website to "meet" our team members and "see" our hospital.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume with cover letter to vet@DrFrits.com attention Els, hospital manager. We look forward to hearing from you!
Registered Veterinary Technician
Verzijlenberg Veterinary Hospital Our hospital is growing fast, and we are looking for a RVT to join us. We have an experienced, cohesive, friendly and pet-family oriented team; and pride ourselves to be an AAHA accredited hospital that is also AAHA accredited for student mentorship.
• A wide range of in-house laboratory equipment including: CBC, chemistry: Abaxis and IDEXX Catalyst, blood clotting, blood-gas analyzer, and urine sediment analyzer
• Laser therapy
• Digital dental and general radiography
• Modern surgery suite with a Draeger Primus anesthetic/ventilator machine
• SCILL E10! Ultrasound
• A unified team that genuinely loves their job, laughs together, shares the load, and supports one another.
• We have a zero-tolerance policy and stick to it.
• Staff discounts, CE allowance, paid uniforms, health and dental benefits
• No after-hours emergency on-call to realize a balance between work and family-life, and enjoy Lake Bernard and the Almaguin Highlands
We are looking for:
• A candidate that loves the outdoors, the lake (across the road from our hospital), and country life “Up North”
• That special person that wants to make a difference, is like a modern James Herriot, simply loves his/her profession, and is in it for the long run.
• Someone with a warm and genuine personality that is passionate about giving kind, compassionate care to our patients.
• Someone who is inquisitive and open to the latest developments in our profession.
If you are interested in this position, please contact us through email with a current resume and cover letter at: vet@DrFrits.com attention Els, hospital manager.